We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world, and our mission is to do so in a responsible and sustainable way. A newly established global unit called Digital Farming has been created within Yara to use digital solutions to help us achieve this goal, by building tools to help farmers use our products more efficiently and by creating business models that make our products more accessible. The Digital Factory is vital to this unit, as we have the mandate to design and build the products to enable this digital future. The success of Digital Farming and its solutions is a key priority in Yara, and we plan to significantly grow our capabilities in digital product development. We are now looking for forward leaning and enthusiastic people to help us build our team.
As a Back End Developer, you will be helping with rapid prototyping and building the products and platforms, working within our product teams to create engaging, user-centric services that solve the needs of the 21st century farmer around the world.
- Work within a product team with a product manager, designers, and other developers to create web services and apps focused on our customers’ needs
- Participate in the full life cycle of a product, from early stage rapid prototyping through to full market release and continuous improvement after initial launch
- Develop back end components of reactive web applications and native apps
- Comfortable creating and using web based REST APIs
- Comfortable in working with document stores (f.ex MongoDB, CouchDB) and relational databases (f.ex MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Full-stack software design experience
- Comfortable working with Github
- Values developing comprehensive unit tests
- Experience with large scale software projects - source code control, continuous integration, documentation
Preferred location is Berlin.
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.